Drinking pure aloe vera juice regularly is excellent for the immune system. It expedites digestion, and keeps the intestinal track clean and healthy. Regular consumption of Aloe Vera juice helps to control high cholesterol level as well. Studies have shown that drinking aloe juice also aids in lowering the bad LDL and raising the good HDL in blood.
Aloe vera, also known as the ‘plant of immortality’, has been used for a variety of purposes since ancient times. Aloe vera plants are commonly found in the African regions and belong to succulent plant species. This nontoxic plant stores water in its leaves and survives in low rainfall and dry regions. Aloe vera leaf has a unique look with no stem and has spear like spikes which is protected by serrated edges.
Aloe vera is considered to be a miracle plant and has numerous skin, health and hair benefits. It is being used as a key ingredient in foods and in energy drinks. Aloe vera comes in a variety of forms.
Aloe vera consist as much as 75 nutrients, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes. Aloe vera contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and B12, Vitamin C and E, folic acid and Niacin. Minerals found in aloe vera include copper, iron, sodium, calcium, zinc, potassium, chromium, magnesium and manganese. These nutrients have tremendous potential in external and internal application. This exotic plant contains other beneficial compounds like polysaccharides, mannans, anthraquinones and lectins. And associated with these nutrients are the various uses of aloe vera.
Aloe vera plant is considered as a miracle plant because of its various healing properties. Aloe vera is mainly grown as an ornamental plant but its medicinal and healing properties have made it a favourite choice of plant among many organic followers. This magical plant is used for the treatment of various kinds of diseases and illness. The health benefits of aloe vera include:
1. Aloe vera when taken internally aids in digestion and effectively cleanses the digestive system. Aloe vera works as a laxative which makes it easier for the food particles to pass through the intestine. This incredible plant is great for people who suffer from constipation problems. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly helps to detoxify the body which in turns improves daily bowel movements. It alleviates acidity, inflammation and intestinal ulcers.
2. This wonderful plant is full of antioxidants, also known as natural immunity enhancers, which help to fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals cause several diseases and ailments which speeds up the ageing process. Consuming aloe vera juice regularly boosts immune system.
3. Aloe vera juice contains substances which inhibit and slow down inflammation caused by injuries without causing any side effects. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly eases swollen and painful joints and reduces the stiffness of bones. It is excellent for treating scars, burns and cuts. It also soothes wound/cuts and fights bacteria that occur due to wounds. The cooling effect of the plant helps to regenerate new cells and helps in rebuilding the damaged tissue.
4. Aloe vera tonic is wonderful for the female reproductive system. It helps to rejuvenate the uterus.
5. This versatile plant is also useful for treating respiratory disorders and is particularly useful for those who get frequent attacks of cold, flu, bronchitis herpes, running nose and other respiratory disorders.
6. The dried gel of aloe vera is used to treat diabetes as it helps to lower blood sugar level by decreasing insulin resistance and also lowers the triacyglyceride levels in the liver and plasma.
7. Aloe vera juice also increases energy level and helps to maintain a healthy body weight. Drinking aloe vera juice regularly stimulates the metabolism and helps the body to burn calories more quickly.
8. Aloe vera juice also helps in maintaining healthy gums and mouth. Its natural anti-bacterial and anti-microbial actions promote cell growth and healing. Aloe vera gels are also used in a variety of tooth gels which prevent bleeding gums and mouth ulcers. It also provides quick relief to people who experience burning mouth symptoms. Its antifungal properties help greatly in the problem of denture stomatitis, apthous ulcers, cracked and split corners of the mouth.
Getting an aloe vera plant proves to be helpful in more than one way. It is worth a try as a natural approach to ageless skin. Aloe vera has several properties that are effective in treating a variety of skin conditions like flaky or dry skin, cosmetic ailments, and hair and scalp problems. Due to its many uses and benefits to the skin and hair, aloe vera has now gained more popularity and has become a staple ingredient in many beauty and skin care products. In order to achieve proper skin restoration, aloe vera needs to be applied every day. Applying aloe vera gel soon after taking a shower is advisable as the skin is clean.
9. The anti-allergic property of aloe vera is useful in the treatment of various skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, itchy skin and so on. They are helpful in curing blisters, insect bites and other allergic reactions as well. Aloe Vera face packs are a boon for people who have a sensitive skin type.
10. Drinking aloe vera juice supplies body with essential nutrients which help to produce and maintain healthy skin. It promotes the removal of dead cells and replenishes it with new ones, giving the skin a radiant glow.
11. Aloe vera’s anti-inflammatory property helps to reduce acne greatly. It does not completely cure the acne; however, it reduces inflammation and redness of the skin to a great extent. It also prevents the outburst of acne and pimples. Its juice or gel can be applied directly on the skin to cure acne. Aloe vera face pack can be prepared by boiling aloe vera leaves in water. Make a paste and add a few drops of honey. Apply it on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse off with tap water.
12. Aloe vera gel contains two hormones; Axim and Gibberellins which provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe vera with its powerful healing capability helps to treat sun burn at the epithelial level of the skin. It acts as a protective shield for the skin and heals the skin quickly. It can also be used as an after shave treatment for its healing properties can treat small cuts caused by shaving. Aloe vera also helps to reduce stretch marks by healing the wounds.
13. Aloe vera contains a plethora of anti-oxidants like beta carotene, vitamins C and E that improve the natural firmness of skin. It keeps the skin hydrated. It improves the skin elasticity, therefore minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Thus it refreshes the skin and makes it vibrant and young looking. So for a young and healthy skin, start using aloe vera gel today.
14. Smooth and glowing skin can be achieved easily by rubbing aloe vera gel on the face. Aloe vera lightens the skin and helps to alleviate sun tanning and hyper pigmentation.
15. Aloe vera gel is extremely beneficial for dry skin. Aloe vera is a natural moisturizer because of the moisture content locked in it. This gel keeps the skin hydrated and increases its elasticity. It also provides oxygen to the skin which strengthens the skin tissue and keeps the skin healthy. Moreover, it moisturizes the skin without making the skin greasy so it is perfect for oily skin. Once applied, it releases natural vitamins and enzymes on the skin to produce a deep moisturizing effect that helps to treat and restore its pH balance.
16. Aloe vera for hair loss treatment can be traced back to the ancient Egyptian times. Aloe vera contains enzymes that promote hair growth. The proteolitic enzymes found in aloe vera help to eradicate dead skin cells on the scalp. Aloe vera’s keratolic action breaks down the sebum and dead scalp cells. Aloe vera’s alkalizing properties balances the pH level of the scalp and hair which results in further hair growth and retains moisture in the scalp.
17. Aloe vera also helps to eliminate itchy scalp and scalp dryness by its anti-pruritic properties. It also alleviates pruritic ailments like psoriasis and eczema of scalp. Aloe vera’s enzymatic properties enable it to destroy excessive dead skin cells of the scalp. It helps to reduce the redness, scaling, itching and inflammation of scalp which directly benefits the hair.
18. Aloe vera is also used in dandruff treatment. The natural enzymes found in aloe vera soothe and moisturize the scalp that helps to eliminate the scalp dryness that causes dandruff. Thus its anti-fungal properties alleviate dandruff problem. It alleviates the dry and itchy feeling that accompanies dandruff and oiliness. Aloe vera brings a refreshing and cooling sensation to the scalp.
19. Aloe vera is a great conditioning agent that restores the hair’s shine and luster, and leaves the hair silky and smooth. The gel like substance found in aloe vera leaves is similar to keratin in chemical composition. This enables it to penetrate easily along the scalp. The scalp absorbs the benefits of aloe vera up to 7 layers deep and provides deep conditioning to the scalp. The amino acids present in aloe vera add strength and luster to the hair. It also enhances the beauty and suppleness of the hair. It control frizzy hair and does not leave behind any greasy build up.
20. The essential nutrients and vitamins found in aloe vera makes it an indispensible material for shampoos and conditioner. These vitamins and minerals aid in restoring hair’s strength and beauty. When combined with oils like coconut and jojoba oil, aloe vera can make a revitalizing shampoo.
21. Aloe vera gel is a perfect rinse for oily hair without making the hair brittle. Mix one part of aloe vera juice with two parts of lemon juice and apply the mixture to the shaft of hair. The acid from lemon strips away excess oil without any adverse effect of chemicals and aloe vera juice prevents dryness of the hair.
22. Aloe vera gel also repairs dry and damaged hair in a short span of time. Aloe vera contains a good amount of protein which is necessary for maintaining the good health of the hair. By going through the hair shaft, aloe gel cures each strand restoring the natural beauty of the hair. In addition, it reinforces the outer layer of the hair which gives you a more manageable crown of glory. It softens, fortifies and rejuvenates the skin by flushing out the dirt, particles and bacteria from the scalp.
23. Alopecia or male pattern baldness is a common hair problem faced by men. This is a kind of hair loss that occurs at a particular part of the head or leads to full hair loss. This scalp condition can be reduced by regular usage of aloe vera. This is mainly because it rejuvenates the hair follicles and helps to reduce hair fall.
These are the multiple aloe vera uses. Get hold of an aloe vera plant today! And don’t forget to leave you feedback in the comments below.